FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any port in a storm (need io HD hookup advice)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Any port in a storm (need io HD hookup advice)
on Jan 13, 2012 at 10:46:28 pm

Hi, just finished replacing my AJA io with an AJA io HD, for my quadcore tower running FCS 3 and FCP7.5 (what can I say, we move sloly here) and I think I got all the gazintas correctly connected. I can import footage, I see picture and sound and I can grab it and use it, using "uncontrolled device" but I have no machine control, no matter what control protocol I select from the io HD list, the log and capture tells me I have to set the port on my computer... I guess it means the RS control to the deck. I have the RS-422 cables and SDI cables attached. Where do I re-set this port at, please?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Any port in a storm (need io HD hookup advice)
on Jan 13, 2012 at 11:19:59 pm

What are you connected to?

What serial protocol does the application you are using say that it is using in the prefs.

Did you make sure to choose one of the IoHD Presets?

If you are using a deck the deck needs to be set into Remote to allow control to happen externally.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 13, 2012 at 11:38:24 pm

Connected to a DVCPro 25 deck (at the moment), will eventually have a DVCPro HD deck there.

I have left work for the day, will have to check the protocols Tuesday, but I tried every option in the drop-down menu, even the obviously stupid ones, and no luck.

Yes, used an ioHD preset, I did get the right SD video and audio into the system, just no machine control.

Remote/local deck switch was the 1st thing I checked.

Where do I "set the port", as the warning pop-up unhelpfully advises? :-)

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 17, 2012 at 5:05:45 pm

I fixed it just now by going into the AJA io HD control panel, selecting "factory reset" instead of "stand-alone" mode, and BAM, deck control regained.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]