FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO Express AE CS 5.5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Robinson
IO Express AE CS 5.5
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:38:16 am

I just loaded AE CS 5.5 and I am getting a green screen on my IO Express SDI out. Audio is good.
Also RAM previews playback slow when AJA is selected or deselected in video preview.
I had to take the AJA plug-ins out of the AE plug-ins folder to have RAM previews work correctly.

I have loaded the latest AJA drivers and AJA Adobe plug-ins. Any ideas on why the AJA IO Express isn't working with AE. IO Express is working with FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
Re: IO Express AE CS 5.5
on Sep 24, 2011 at 1:52:50 pm

Same here. Was on with aja for a long time switching drivers & plugins (ver pairings are very important) but still the same green screen. I'm starting to think there is a QT extension conflict? Also, my FCP preview is working great. Please post if you succeed in finding the key.

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
on Sep 24, 2011 at 2:06:12 pm

Same here. Was on with aja for a long time switching drivers & plugins (ver pairings are very important) but still the same green screen. I'm starting to think there is a QT conflict? Also, my FCP preview is working great. Please post if you succeed in finding the key.

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:40:37 am

I think I have it solved. Looking at the system log I saw that two extensions for AJA AE conflict with each other. To make the output work I removed the ExporterAJA.bundle from Applications Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS#.#/MediaCore/AJA and the Adobe After Effects/Plug-ins/AJA plugin called AJAAEExprtLib.plugin. Now I get output to the monitor. I'll continue to test..

Return to posts index

Dale Robinson
on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:06:18 am

Nick, Thank you for the update, that's great. I will follow up and let you know if that works on my end.

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
on Sep 25, 2011 at 10:20:18 pm

Although I have my preview monitor back, now I have a problem with real time playback speed. I can play SD 23.97, 29.97 at real time but only get 12fps with HD 720 & 1080. I'm going though all the options with and without 100%, full quality, 50% half quality, 'AJA' or 'Computer Monitor Only', 8bit, no color profile and pixel aspect correction with imported Apple Pro res QT's or just color bars and still no real time HD. When I unload the AJA AE plugins everything plays perfectly (except no preview monitor) Very frustrating.

Return to posts index

Dale Robinson
on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:08:53 am

Nick, I read documentation somewhere on AJA that we will not get RT HD RAM previews. Something about bandwidth. I have me using other AJA Kona and LH products and when I purchased IO Express for my laptop I had no idea that it did not work with AE. So I just upgraded to CS5.5 to get the preview and it still doesn't work.

The frustrating thing is even when AJA IO Express is not selected I still don't get RT RAM previews. Like you I have had to pull the plug-ins to get RT RAM preview.

I follow you steps but I had so much FCP work to do today that I never got around to checking AE preview.

Even if we can't RT preview I would at least like to check out colors and layout on the broadcast monitor then turn AJA off to see RT RAM preview.

I have contacted AJA and I will relay your findings, I suppose you have contacted them too. Please keep me posted.

Return to posts index

Nick Bates
on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:10:33 am

Hi, AJA support has confirmed that IO Express cannot play HD real time through After Effect. Here is there reply.

---

Since AE operates in an RGB environment and the IOX is a YUV only device, there is a software colorspace conversion going on in Adobe before the video gets to the IOX for preview. That being the case, it's not possible to get RT previews with IOX. On Kona cards with direct RGB support such as LHi and Kona 3, RT previews are possible since no colorspace conversion in software is necessary, but with the IoExpress, I'm afraid this is a limitation in the interaction with AE.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

---

I guess I'll have to get a Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D and see if that works. Very depressing!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]