FORUMS: list search recent posts

IOHD to SD Switcher to Jumbotron

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
IOHD to SD Switcher to Jumbotron
on Apr 18, 2011 at 8:40:26 pm

Hello all, I got this gig to run media to a jumbo tron at a music festival next week. In between acts, I will play off my FCP timeline, artists videos with audio. The switcher will then send my image to the jumbotron. I don't have the model of the switcher yet but I will post later on. The jumbotron is 17 feet by 13 feet. I am trying to get the specs on it as well, pixel aspect ratio etc. My thought was to have a rendered motion background with the video inserted with some graphics.

Any suggestions of what I should be looking at doing? I am at the event on Sunday and the JT goes live Tuesday afternoon.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: IOHD to SD Switcher to Jumbotron
on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:59:53 pm

If it's an Sd switcher, I'd imagine you should work in an Sd ProRes timeline, 720x486. Those measurements are roughly 4x3.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:15:09 pm

Hi Jeremy, I was going to do that for the media I was going to show but I was thinking of a layer beneath the media like a simple motion background that would fill the 17' x 13' screen. I don't want to blow out the videos but having the background layer there would allow me for some text and such. Does this make sense?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:17:54 pm

[Jeff Mack] "Hi Jeremy, I was going to do that for the media I was going to show but I was thinking of a layer beneath the media like a simple motion background that would fill the 17' x 13' screen. "

Hey, Jeff!

17x13 might be the physical size of the screen itself, and not the aspect ratio of the actual diplayed pixels.

My guess is that all they will need is 4x3 Sd image, you can choose to fill it up how ever you choose.

Let us know once you get the specs.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:24:20 pm

Yes, 14 x 13 is the physical size. I am waiting for the par and sar for viewing. Since the 4x3 video would leave a lot on the sides, I was going to add the background so it was more pleasing than black. I just didn't know how to handle that in FCP. I realize I could set up a 16 x 9 sequence with it being filled with a background and then lay the sd Pro Res file on it, add text and render out to play a 16x9 .mov through the IOHD and into the switcher. Im sure it is an SD switcher so I guess I can only letterbox or crop. I'll let you know when I get the specs.

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]