FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja Express HDMI Error

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Thompson
Aja Express HDMI Error
on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:44:02 pm

I am currently trying to capture something into Final Cut through a dvd player using an HDMI connection. Everything is hooked up securely and the Aja box has been working fine for the past three months, especially using the HDMI connection. The dvd player is also connected to a monitor where the video and audio plays fine. When I open final cut, there is no connection shown while in capture mode, and when I open the aja control panel, the connection acts a bit funky. It says there is a connection through hdmi, and then after a few seconds, it flickers so there is no connection and goes back to being secure. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence or if something with the hdmi port may not be working anymore. Are there any tests I can do to get a certain answer? I am running through Mac Os X, final cut 7, machine is approximately 2 months old. Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Aja Express HDMI Error
on Mar 15, 2011 at 7:59:29 pm

Alan,
The issue you are experiencing is likely because of the source; DVD players often carry encryption on their HDMI outputs.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to contact AJA Technical Support by phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]