FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja 10 bit question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
darren Ali
aja 10 bit question
on Mar 9, 2011 at 9:15:21 pm

Silly question season is here:

Ok I normally digitise all our work via a Blackmagiv board and work on the offline at base on one of our imac systems with blackmagic codec on that allows me to do the majority of my work of the main workhorse system whilst clients work with our online team.

I have to go offsite this weekend and client has a AJA IO HD with Digital Betacam VTR for us to digitize our rushes of I have not used this board as yet as we are blackmagic set up, I want to encode to a 10 bit solution to save re digitising but want to know if i do this will it work on my imac for the offline work i wish to do !!!!!

Is this just a matter of selecting a 10bit solution and it will work in the codec i have or will i need to download anything.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this one, i just have not used the AJA set up..... time to brush up but need to know quick so though i would ask you guys !!!!.....

Thanks

I Just love editing......

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: aja 10 bit question
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:06:53 pm

Darren,
The AJA Io HD product does not require the use of any special codecs outside of those installed with Final Cut Studio. The AJA Io HD is primarily used to capture and work with the Apple ProRes 422 family of codecs which are 10-bit. If someone captures HD material with the AJA Io HD, they will probably provide you with Apple ProRes 422 files. If SD, then either Apple ProRes 422 or or Apple's 10-bit Uncompressed codec. Again, either of these can be read by a system that has Final Cut Studio installed.

If you have additional questions, you can contact AJA Technical Support for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]