FORUMS: list search recent posts

corruption somewhere

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
corruption somewhere
on Feb 19, 2011 at 6:56:29 pm

Sony Z-1 component into an a/d converter then HD SDI into IOHD. 1080i 60 into VTR Exchange. MBPro and esata expresscard external 1 TB drive.

Last night I set up like I have done a million times. This time though, instead of audio into camera and then down HD SDI into IOHD, I took 2 xlr inputs into IOHD. VTR Echange was set as 1080i 29.97 10 bit and compression was Pro Res HQ. That part worked perfectly. My audio though was coming from a sound board. I line from board and 1 line from boom mic mixer. The IOHD control panel was set to receive analog audio. I could not get the audio to come in though. I got a low hum only. No evidence of music at all. Only like 1-2 bars of level was present. I scrambled and connected both audio channels into my camera. I found my missing cable to go from the camera into the converter. I had great audio monitored into my camera. I changed control panel to embedded audio but still couldn't get the IOHD to recognize it.

Then I rebooted everything, laptop and VTR Exchange. Tried to recapture but Compression changed to apple uncompressed 10 bit 4:2:2. I tried to change back to Pro Res HQ but the drop down list of compression codecs would not work. I click the drop down arrow but nothing happened. I noticed that on that screen in VTR exchange, the word Motion was corrupted (see picture).

This morning, I uninstalled EVERYTHING. Deleted all preferences and even did a search in finder for vtr exchange, aja etc. Everything was removed, even my previous download folders. I used my original install disk and reinstalled. Then I downloaded the latest drivers and vtr exchange. I updated firmware. Reconnected my camera and set control panel.

Same problem with no drop down available for compression. Also, the location on the external drive for where to store my capture was populated with the same location. How could this be when I deleted everything including preferences?

Jeff

When I click the capture tab, the word MOTION on the left is all broken. When I did a screen capture to show you, it cleared up

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: corruption somewhere
on Feb 22, 2011 at 6:27:11 pm

Jeff,
It might be good to contact AJA Technical Support regarding this matter. Not sure what is causing your issue.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
Re: corruption somewhere
on Feb 22, 2011 at 7:07:16 pm

Once again Jerry to the rescue! Trashed QUICKTIME preferences and all is good.

Thanks Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]