FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja io uses?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Simms
aja io uses?
on Feb 14, 2011 at 11:38:48 am

Hi,

I inherited an aja io 10 bit breakout box....I dont really understand what it is used for....I work making my own dv shorts but i dont know if this is ever something i would use...i'm not a professional editor and dont plan to be one....so should I even try to keep it? or sell it? what is it used for?

this is the exact model i have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AJA-IO-10-bit-uncompressed-video-Capture-Device-NEW_W0Q...

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Rob McGreevy
Re: aja io uses?
on Feb 14, 2011 at 6:43:26 pm

Sean,

The IO is a professional device that gets video in and out of your computer. It is connected via a single firewire cable to your Mac and video and audio information is sent in and out of your computer. You can hook up all manner of decks, monitors, etc. via it's varied connections (such as component, S-Video, etc.).

One big ability it gives you is to hook up a external video monitor so you can see what your video really looks like as the FCP canvas does not represent colors and video levels properly. The version you have can only do SD material.

The other caveat to using an IO is that it completely uses the firewire bus on your MAC so you can't use another firewire device at the same time as the IO (i.e. a external firewire drive or a camera). The only workaround to this is disconnecting and reconnecting as needed, or if you have a Mac Pro, is to install a firewire card to give you a separate firewire bus.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]