FORUMS: list search recent posts

green or black line in AJA capture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Kodner
green or black line in AJA capture
on Dec 22, 2010 at 5:28:21 pm

I use the Aja IOHD box at work to capture in timecode breaks from HDV Tapes shot 720p24.

When I try capturing the footage via component analog, there is a very thin black vertical line thats imprinted on the footage from capturing with the AJA. It's either on the far right or the far left side of the frame. This line doesn't show up when I capture footage without the AJA, (using a JVC deck, or JVC camera.)

Then when I try to bring in the footage using an HDMI cord (for the JVC deck and AJA to communicate), it imprints a bigger neon green line. I can't remember where it shows up on the image, but it's off to the side, and it's a fairly bigger line then the black line that shows up in the footage from the component capture.

Why are these showing up in my image? We own 3 AJA IOHD boxes at work. One was kinda faulty with its firewire, so we sent it back to AJA, and they immediately sent us a brand new one. And I tested the new one AJA and these lines still persisted (neon green for HDMI, and a black line for Component).

Why is this happening?

I've tried several different capture presents to bring in this footage to see if I could get it to go away, and the line still persists.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: green or black line in AJA capture
on Dec 23, 2010 at 3:26:58 am

You need to use the 720p59.94 easy setup. That should work.

Post back if not.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]