FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA- No Video Channel

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Ortega
AJA- No Video Channel
on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:03:21 pm

I was about to digitize some video into FCP as I normally do, when I noticed it wasn't capturing any video (Just audio). I opened up the AJA VTR Exchange and noticed that the Video checkbox under "Capture" was grayed out. I tried everything from turning off/on programs and devices, reinstalling software/drivers and checking to make sure there are no loose connections, to no avail.
Any idea what it could be?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: AJA- No Video Channel
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:59:33 am

Miguel,
You should consider contacting AJA technical support for assistance. One possibility is that you had Final Cut Pro and the Log and Capture window open in the background when you were trying to use VTR Xchange; only one application can access the video input for the AJA Io at a time. Or if another similar input application was trying to access the AJA Io, this could also happen. Other signal routing or video format/framerate issues could be the cause of such a prompt if certain selections weren't made in the AJA VTR Xchange application, etc. Can't say for sure based on the information provided.

Again, best to contact AJA technical support for assistance.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Miguel Ortega
Re: AJA- No Video Channel
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:35:40 pm

I tried with FCP and the VTR Exchange separately(one program on at a time.)
The funny thing is that I still get audio so it's not like the IO is not communicating with my computer.
The first time I encountered this was when digitizing; I was getting both Video and Audio in the FCP capture screen up until i hit "Capture Now", then the screen went black and I realized it was only capturing the audio. Seems like some sort of glitch.
If I can't figure it out by today I will contact technical support.

Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]