FORUMS: list search recent posts

an alternative for AJA IO

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douwe van der Werf
an alternative for AJA IO
on Aug 16, 2010 at 11:52:07 am

Hello,

I have the new IMAC i7 and I'm working on musicvideos for the MTV network in the Netherlands. But I want to do the right color grading on a broadcast monitor. I asked an AJA, Blackmagic etc. reseller.
He told me the only way is on an AJA IO HD because this is the only thing with an Firewire input. This is to expensive for me, does anyone know an alternative way to get this right with an cheaper solution?

Thanks in regard,
Douwe

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: an alternative for AJA IO
on Aug 16, 2010 at 3:01:35 pm

Since the connections are limited with an iMac, the ioHD really is the only way. Other solutions require a PCIe or Express Card solution of which the iMac has neither.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:56:47 pm

Check out the original MXO, it uses the Display port and does some major cleaning up. I don't have it so I'm not recommending it per se, just throwing it out but some people I respect here on the Cow have given it the thumbs up.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 16, 2010 at 11:20:18 pm

Be aware that the MXO is an output only device (no capture) and limited to 8 bit. There's also no device control for layoffs.

It works via DVI so an adapter would be needed to go from your display port to DVI.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gunter Hemeleers
on Aug 31, 2010 at 9:39:05 am

Hi Douwe,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Jeremy, due to the imac's design the only thing you can count on the show you reliable full 10-bit color is the IOHD.

Hemeleers Gunter

Mac Pro, Imac 24", Macbook Pro 15" all intel

Return to posts index

Douwe van der Werf
on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:42:46 pm

Oke Thanks everybody, I'll check it out, I heard someone talking about de matrox MXO2 Mini, that it's possible to do it with this device.

And Jeremy what do you mean by control device layoffs. I only want to use this thing to get my video signal on a broadcast monitor for color correction.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 31, 2010 at 4:15:05 pm

[Douwe van der Werf] "And Jeremy what do you mean by control device layoffs."

Device control layoffs would mean using rs422 serial control for tc accurate masters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]