FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I do this?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Can I do this?
on Aug 9, 2010 at 4:14:38 pm

Can I send into my IOHD a 1080 i signal, cross convert to 720 P then cross convert out to 1080P? Poor man's way of getting 1080P?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can I do this?
on Aug 9, 2010 at 10:40:26 pm

[Jeff Mack] "Poor man's way of getting 1080P?"

ioHD only goes to 1080i29.97 If you capture 720p60, it's going to come out 1080i29.97. Why do you need 1080p?

What are you trying to do, exactly? I mean, I understand what you are proposing, but why?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Aug 9, 2010 at 11:11:14 pm

well, I was trying to get a gig to shoot 1080P material. I thought I could do a live capture with vtr exchange and get the job. Probably a stupid request. Sorry.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 10, 2010 at 1:24:35 am

[Jeff Mack] "I thought I could do a live capture with vtr exchange and get the job. Probably a stupid request. Sorry."

No, not stupid, just interesting. Let me guess, a producer wants "1080p"?

People say 1080p, but really they mean psf. The terms get confused. Best Buy wants you to believe 1080p, but really, they can't do 1080p because you send the monitor true p, and it freaks out and no likey.

What camera do you have?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 10, 2010 at 11:09:30 pm

To add to the confusion.

I think when most people think of Progressive in production they are thinking/talking about the way the image is captured, not how the image is sent down the pipe. What is happening at the sensor. Is the camera taking a solid (Progressive) image every 30th of a seconds? Or is it take an interlaced 1/2 image every 60th of a second? If a producer is wanting/paying for a Progressive I would think your camera needs to be taking a Progressive image, now if the system breaks that image up into 2 halves that is not as big of a deal (at least to my thinking) as de-interlacing a 1080i signal.

Just my 2 cents.

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Aug 10, 2010 at 11:25:46 pm

Yes, the producer wanted 1080P. I knew it should be psf. I am pretty much self taught Jeremy and feel I have a pretty cool mobile rig. I have a Sony Z1 and I connect it to Miranda ADC 800 which takes the rgb from the sensors pre-compression and converts it to HD SDI 10 bit 4:2:2. Then I connect HD SDI to the IOHD and into my MBP and ultimately VTR Exchange.

I wonder if I could get your email. I had a couple of of topic questions. I'm at yasgur@mac.com. Or I could call you.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:36:55 pm

Email sent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]