FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 to 720 with iohd

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
1080 to 720 with iohd
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:25:14 pm

Tomorrow night I am to do a short interview. I usually only work i 1080 i 60 but they want me to hand ove 720. I was going to use the IOHD and down convert to 720 with Pro Res HQ. What will happen when I do this downconvert? Will I get 720P fro 60i? Just wanted to know. I was going to use VTR exchange and I am going 1080 i 60 into IOHD via HD SDI.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 1080 to 720 with iohd
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:43:19 pm

It's a cross convert, rather than down convert. Yes, you will get 720p60 from 1080i60. You can do this on the way in if you'd like. Control Panel and VTR Exchange should look a lot like this:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:53:15 pm

Cool thanks for that. I will do a test in the morning. I'm going into the MBPro. Will I have any hiccups with the processor while deinterlacing or will the IOHD take care of that totally?

Thanks for the image.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:56:09 pm

[Jeff Mack] " Will I have any hiccups with the processor while deinterlacing or will the IOHD take care of that totally?"

All done in hardware with the ioHD. To your computer, it will just be a 720p60 stream.

In VTR Exchange, you have to go in to the video settings to make sure you are choosing the 720p59.94 10bit source and a frame rate of 59.94. It's two separate tabs in the interface. You need to setup audio as well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jul 23, 2010 at 4:38:15 pm

So I did my test and everything worked perfect. I had a couple of questions about my overal control panel set up though. Simple ones and I'll list them here.

1. Under the setup tab. I have analog black checked to 7.5, Active video out has all checked, 1080 progressive is unchecked, audio setup has lock audio gain checked and monitor level out is selected to +24db and delay is at 0 frames. What should the monitor level be and what does the 1080 progressive box do?

2. Timecode tab has RP188 LTC in the dropdown and user bit is not selected. Periodically, timecode will pop up there and then it goes away. Under Output, I have checked Use QT Timecode. Should this be this way?

Lastly, How does the Timelapse do? If I set those parameters and then use VTR Exchange and hit capture now, will those parameters be used to record? Don't know if I'll ever use this or not.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 23, 2010 at 4:45:21 pm

[Jeff Mack] "What should the monitor level be and what does the 1080 progressive box do?"

Leave monitor level there, and 1080 progressive sends 1080p, not 1080psf. Most likely, you don't want 1080p, even if you're shooting "1080p".

[Jeff Mack] "2. Timecode tab has RP188 LTC in the dropdown and user bit is not selected. Periodically, timecode will pop up there and then it goes away. Under Output, I have checked Use QT Timecode. Should this be this way?"

If you want to grab tc from the SDI, you should leave it there, or you can send LTC from TC out of camera and set the control panel to LTC Port and also make sure to set the preferences of VTR Exchange to "LTC or RP188". Output doesn't matter unless you are outputting to something else, it's usually for sending sequence or clip tc. I don't think you have to worry about it. If sending tc to something else, use the LTC Out port.

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:11:58 am

Jeremy,

Thanks for the help. Worked great. I think I am now ready to stop the tape backup.

Thanks again.
Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]