FORUMS: list search recent posts

HA5 not working?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eliot Piltz
HA5 not working?
on Jul 10, 2010 at 2:04:39 am

Hello, I rented an AJA HA5 to interface between an Intensity Pro and a Sony BVM-L230. Problem is I seem to be getting no signal into or out of the HA5. I connected the HDMI from the Intensity and the HD-SDI to the L230, then plugged in the power to the HA5. Opened FCP, set video out to 1080i59.94, view all frames... and nothing, no picture. I tested the Intensity directly to an HDMI monitor with the same FCP settings, and it worked fine. On the HA5, the LED light (sd/hd indicator) is not turning on when the signal is coming in from the Intensity. I don't know if there's an incompatibility problem or if maybe the power source isn't working correctly, or maybe the HA5 itself is dead. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Also I couldn't find the answer to another HA5 question, what is the SDI Output 2 used for? The manual says it's a Loop Output (not sure what that means). Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,
Eliot

Mac Pro 2.66 GHz 8-core (4,1); 12 GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (512 MB); ACD 30" and 24" dual display
Sony BVM-L230, Blackmagic Intensity Pro
OS X 10.6.2, FCP 7.0.2
Drobo 8-bay 16 TB

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HA5 not working?
on Jul 12, 2010 at 5:02:48 pm

[Eliot Piltz] "On the HA5, the LED light (sd/hd indicator) is not turning on when the signal is coming in from the Intensity. "

I'd suspect the power supply. Can your rental company swap out for a new one?

[Eliot Piltz] "Also I couldn't find the answer to another HA5 question, what is the SDI Output 2 used for? "

It's a loop out, so if you had to continue the SDI signal path to another device, the HA5 loops the incoming SDI signal back out to SDI. This will ensure that the signal doesn't need to end at the HA5.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Eliot Piltz
on Jul 12, 2010 at 9:25:07 pm

Thanks for clarifying Jeremy. The HA5 itself turned out to be dead. I would have brought it right back to the rental house but it was delivered to me after they were closed for the weekend, so I had to troubleshoot it to no avail, and wait for Monday to roll around. Thanks again.

Mac Pro 2.66 GHz 8-core (4,1); 12 GB Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (512 MB); ACD 30" and 24" dual display
Sony BVM-L230, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Drobo 8-bay 16 TB
OS X 10.6.2, FCP 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:38:51 pm

[Eliot Piltz] "Thanks again. "

Glad you got it sorted out.

Jeremy

Return to posts index