FORUMS: list search recent posts

io analog audio problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Cole
io analog audio problem
on Jul 8, 2010 at 1:29:29 am

I suddenly am not able to capture analog audio to FCP 6.06. I am running snow leopard on a MACBOOK Pro 2.55. The audio appears not be there and then after rewinding the BetaSP deck, the audio suddenly starts to motor boat and jack the levels up and down continuously. I purchased the AJA IO box used. Any ideas what may be going on? Everything else (video, sync, RS422 are fine).

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: io analog audio problem
on Jul 8, 2010 at 2:14:02 am

Has this setup ever worked for you?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Cole
on Jul 8, 2010 at 2:48:36 am

Yes, it did when I first set it up. Then I didn't use it for a bit and now it has the audio issue. I did nothing to change it except pull out the Macbook Pro from the setup and then put it back.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 8, 2010 at 2:58:31 am

Easiest thing to first is shutdown everything and power cycle the io. Then fire up your computer.

If that doesn't work make sure to uninstall then reinstall the iondrivers and make sure the firmware is updated. That is done by installing the ion control panel which is separate from the drivers.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Cole
on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:10:56 am

Yes, I tried all those good suggestions prior to asking the question here. I ran out of ideas.

When I first got the box, I updated the firmware.

I just uninstalled the drivers and the control app using their uninstall utility, then rebooted the computer and reinstalled the drives and the app. I powered everything down and then powered it back up. The results all always the same. I can capture video only, but audio does not preview until I rewind the BETA tape, and then put it back in play mode and then the motorboating starts again and won't stop until I exit out of the log and capture utility.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:13:03 am

Sorry, I was typing from my phone earlier, I meant to io drivers, not iondrivers. Woops!

What else is hooked up to your machine?

Return to posts index

Craig McGillivray
on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:09:09 pm

I had this happen when I was using VoiceOver Tool. Call AJA support, talk to Tony, he walked me through a fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]