FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Io HD output 1080i25 through FW800

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brown
Can Io HD output 1080i25 through FW800
on May 28, 2010 at 12:45:18 pm

Sorry, but I find the link between the Io HD and FW800 a bit confusing.

I'm trying to upconvert some 576i DV25 footage to 1080i. In the past I've simply taken the SDI out of the Io HD into another Mac with an AJA Lhe card and captured 1080i in there - works great (this was with a component output from a Beta SP deck).

Now I'm trying the same thing but trying to capture on a MacBook Pro using Firewire and the AJA 1080i Pro Res preset - with a 576i component output from my DV deck.

The picture is totally messed up - a bit like if you wire it up wrong which it isn't because f I change the FCP capture preset to AJA Pro Res 576i it works great which suggests the Io is not outputting HD via FW even though I'm telling it to upconvert.

Am I therefore right in thinking you can't actually output 1080i Pro Res or any HD through Firewire on the Io ?

Help very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Brown
Re: Can Io HD output 1080i25 through FW800
on May 28, 2010 at 3:04:16 pm

Just to report that I have been in touch with AJA - always very, very helpful. Basically I had my Primary and Secondary formats mixed up !

Works great now - upconverting 576i DV to Pro Res 1080i25 and capturing through the firewire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]