FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve IO 4K compatibility?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McCormack
Davinci Resolve IO 4K compatibility?
on Jul 3, 2014 at 3:24:03 am

Forgive me as I cannot seem to find the answer here and I've looked. AJA doesn't list Resolve as a supported app so wondering if that's the case?

The question is derived from wanting to know the best break out box to get? The Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K is obviously supported for Resolve but doesn't to on the fly 4K to HD downconvert (pls correct me if I'm wrong) but the the IO 4K does, but not supported? Are either of these two statements correct?

My motivation is to grade a 4K film and view the HD signal at the same time? Solutions?

Thanks much in advance for any help you can provide!

John

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Davinci Resolve IO 4K compatibility?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 10:22:09 pm

Hi John,

Unfortunately no, the Io 4K does not work with DaVinci Resolve. This is a longstanding issue on the Blackmagic side. BMD does not allow the use of third party video hardware for monitor out of Resolve, only Blackmagic cards. For us AJA users (I use an Io HD myself), we're left out. The UltraStudio 4K is probably your best option. The UltraStudio will downconvert to HD rasters on SDI A out, not over HDMI. You could then use a mini converter if HDMI or DVI were needed.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]