FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA io HD doesn't like ProRes 4444?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Roberts
AJA io HD doesn't like ProRes 4444?
on Mar 27, 2010 at 7:05:15 am

I know they are not compatible. But even if I drop a ProRes 4444 transcoded clip (ie: from Color) into a Prores 422HQ sequence and don't change the settings to match the clip, Final Cut Pro crashes when I try to play the clip. If I turn off the io HD I don't get a crash. Does this mean there is no way to work with Prores 4444 clips at all...no matter what the sequence settings are or what the ioHD playback settings are?

Anyone know if the same problem happens with the Kona cards too?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA io HD doesn't like ProRes 4444?
on Mar 27, 2010 at 12:54:03 pm

[Sam Roberts] "I know they are not compatible."

then why are you asking if it is ?

Your IOHD is not malfunctioning, the chip set in the IoHD is designed for single link 4:2:2 data and was not designed to handle what is a dual link architecture and bandwidth that 444 data requires due to the limitations of the buss and chip architecture and the Firewire Buss.

You can output the PR444 codec via either the K3 and the LHi without issues.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Return to posts index

Sam Roberts
on Mar 27, 2010 at 7:03:38 pm

I asked because I thought there was a compatibility problem only if you used a 4444 sequence. I just upgraded FCP and am doing tests and I simply wondered if there were any work arounds or tricks with the sequence settings I hadn't come across.

I'm selling my io HD if anyone is interested. Email me.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Mar 27, 2010 at 11:03:11 pm

Sam, selling your AJA-io-HD should require giving out workable contacting information. In the meantime here`s my e- mail in case it, or similar parts get aimed under my nose. educationalbroadcasting@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]