FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IoLA has no video input

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cj Scheppers
AJA IoLA has no video input
on Mar 26, 2010 at 3:46:32 am

Hi, I'm trying a G4 powerbook with an AJA IoLA. Installed the drivers, software, etc. The IoLA control panel sees the IoLA and can change the video inputs; if there is video connected, that light is lit, too. The control panel always says there is no video input.

In FCP 4.1, the firewire device is recognized. The capture settings can change the video input; when video is present, the light is lit. The log and capture screen says Capture Preview Disabled. No video is present in the window, just FCP color bars. I forgot to see if there was ever any audio present.

This setup has occassionally worked but lately cannot capture video through the IoLA. I've tried restarting everything, changing sequence settings to match capture settings, restarting everything, selected easy setups and custom setups, restarted everything ...

Any hints how to make this reliable?

Many thanks,

C.J.

Return to posts index

Cj Scheppers
Re: AJA IoLA has no video input
on Mar 26, 2010 at 11:32:44 pm

I discovered a similar post which said delete the preferences for FCP; I did and the AJA IoLA now captures video.

But the IoLA utility still says no video input. Has anyone ever seen the utility say there IS video?

Thanks,

C.J.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]