FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX 200 settings.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
HVX 200 settings.
on Feb 28, 2010 at 6:07:48 pm

I normally shoot 1080i60 29.97. My IOHD is set up to output an analog audio and video into my home theater receiver and it works like a charm. Now a friend gives me a small edit from his P2 capture. He brings me the drive and I dump the files ito the timeline, the sequence converts to the clips format and all is fine there. He said he shop this material 24 P however the clip format says 1080P30. The get info reveals the clips as 1280 x 1080 DVC Pro HD (1080P30}

So my problem is wat to set the control panel to to output the footage as I would with my 1080i60. I tried setting the control panel to 1080 psf 24, 1080 p30 and even my 1080i 60 29.97.

I was able to get the frame to display when the timeline was paused but as soon as I hit play, I started dropping frames. Actually FCP stopped the playback.

So I decided to load my old 1080i60 back in and I can't get the IOHD to display.

Why does he tell me he shot 24 p and then it shows up as 30 p? Is it possible that I can't send a p signal to my receiver? And why can't I see my 1080i60 now? This is my first time trying anything different than 1080i60 since going to snow leopard and FCS3

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HVX 200 settings.
on Feb 28, 2010 at 9:52:27 pm

If the clips are 30p the sequence need to match also, then try 29.97p(sf) as video out.

The key is everything needs to have the same settings.

the HVX200 never shoots true 30 or 24 it is always 29.97 or 23.98.

[Jeff Mack] "Why does he tell me he shot 24 p and then it shows up as 30 p? " People are mistaken all the time.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:10:35 pm

[Jeff Mack] "So I decided to load my old 1080i60 back in and I can't get the IOHD to display. "

The IoHD was designed to handle apples ProRes codec in realtime.
It can only handle realtime conversion and output of DVCProHD content on a suitable desktop system if you want to stay in that codec.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Mar 1, 2010 at 3:39:52 pm

Thanks GAry, I never thought of that. Any ideas on why my pro res HQ won't display through the IOHD any longer? It seems that when I was fiddling around with the control panel and FCP A/V settings, I can't get my Pro Res HQ to play through.

Jeff

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 1, 2010 at 4:19:38 pm

[Jeff Mack] "Any ideas on why my pro res HQ won't display through the IOHD any longer?"

operator error.

Try resetting FCP by using the appropriate easy setup for your ProRes projects correct format, all should be fine then.

OH, and you cannot use FW storage with the IoHD without buying a FW card to go in your computer- the IoHD takes the entire bandwidth of the FW pipe.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:23:13 pm

so answer me this riddler - now that I trashed FCP prefs, I load a prhq clip from my MBP desktop, and it drops frames when I send to the IOHD. I send it to an esata drive via expresscard and it plays fine except for this - when I hit play, it takes 3 seconds and I get the spinning ball. Then 5 seconds before clips play. It takes a minimum of 8 seconds to playback (I timed it and it is very consistent!)

I used to be able to play off my desktop with no problem. If I change display output to none, the clips play immediately.

I will move this to the FCP site as well. Also, I made a bad observation, it doesn't matter if I have the IOHD on or not, it still has an 8 second delay after I hit play.

BTW, I am on snow leopard now.

Any ideas on this?

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]