FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO LD suddenly not connecting with FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jewesbury
IO LD suddenly not connecting with FCP
on Feb 15, 2010 at 11:29:56 am

Help. I moved my gear from one studio to another, changed nothing on my machine, now FCP won't recognise my IO LD. worked perfectly for over a year. spent hours yesterday uninstalling, downloading, reinstalling, jiggling cables, restarting, etc, etc etc. The IO LD lights stay resolutely on NTSC despite my PAL settings, FCP just says it's missing, the IO control panel says there's no hardware present and all options in it are dimmed - i've tried switching my FW port, I've tested my port with a FW drive... WTF? Please help, my digibeta is rented and goes back today!

Return to posts index

Daniel Jewesbury
Re: IO LD suddenly not connecting with FCP
on Feb 15, 2010 at 2:28:06 pm

It seems that this is a hardware problem, having isolated and tested everything else and then tried the IO on another machine that has the drivers installed - the same lights just stay on regardless - FW and NTSC, regardless of whether there's any FW lead connected or what my presets are.

And AJA are closed today!

Anyone else had this problem?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:09:31 pm

have you reflashed the firmware?

Return to posts index

Daniel Jewesbury
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:21:53 pm

Yup, used the latest version from the website. I was using this last week, disconnected everything, moved it into a new office, reconnected everything and... Nothing. I've now uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times, disconnecting the cables and powering back up in different sequences - still nothing and no change!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:29:42 pm

And you are using the AJA easy setups in FCP?

If there's no other fw devices on the system, it may have went bad.

Is the AJA control panel connecting?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]