FORUMS: list search recent posts

ioHD and Apple Color: monitoring options?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Roberts
ioHD and Apple Color: monitoring options?
on Feb 6, 2010 at 5:36:37 pm

I'm running two monitors for editing (on a MACPro) and want to buy a third higher end one for grading.

I know my options are limited when trying to output a high def image out of Apple color to a grading monitor using the ioHD. I was wondering if anyone has discovered a good workaround other than buying an AJA internal card? Seems ridiculous to buy a KONA card just to view Color's output in HD. Is there anything that can be done with the monitoring outputs of any kind of graphics card? I'm in the market for a new one.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: ioHD and Apple Color: monitoring options?
on Feb 7, 2010 at 7:24:10 am

You have to use a video card that runs off of PCIe, AJA Black magic to Matrox all have options. IoHD is SD only at the point in time and no one knows if that will change anytime soon.

Return to posts index

Sam Roberts
on Feb 7, 2010 at 10:18:29 pm

Yes I already know that. What I was asking is what people are doing to workaround the SD only problem with color and the ioHD. Is buying another internal io card the only solution? Like I said when you already have an excellent (and very expensive) i/o device like the ioHD
I would rather not buy another expensive device like a KONA card just to see color's output in HD. I was wondering if there is a graphics card solution? For example getting a graphics card that will allow three montior hookups so you could use a third, high end grading monitor to see color's scope and preview window with the preview set at full screen. Anyone know if this works?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 8, 2010 at 1:58:19 am

Don't know what you expect. At this time there is nothing you can do to get HD out of the IoHD, with Color you cannot have 2 video cards, nor would you want that for grading.

You don't have to get a Kona card, there are less expensive AJA cards as well as devices from Matrox and Black Magic. The thing it has to be is a PCIe connection.

So it may not be what you want to hear but that is the answer.

Return to posts index

Sam Roberts
on Feb 8, 2010 at 10:54:58 pm

No, if that's my only option then I'll have to spring for an internal card. Just wanted to make sure before I spend the $$$. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]