FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect ratio when switching between SD/HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
Aspect ratio when switching between SD/HD
on Jan 28, 2010 at 12:55:45 pm

Our IoHD has been used as monitor feed (analogue and HDMI) in our edit bay.
Anamorphic SD. Works like a charm.
Our analogue monitor is a 4:3, but has a 16:9 switch. The plasma TV is native 16:9 and can handle HD (although it's not full HD).

Now I'm testing some HD content (both 720 and 1080) and suddenly I'm getting black horizontal bars ont the plasma and on the CRT the image is even more a letterbox than before.

I've tried different settings in the Aja Control Panel for up/downscaling, but none but "Anamorphics" gives the closes match between my canvas and the CRT and the plasma.

Am I missing something obvious here? I sure understand that the CRT has to be downscaled, but I should not get black bars on the plasma when going to 720/1080...?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Aspect ratio when switching between SD/HD
on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:23:28 pm

[Niklas Wikman] "Now I'm testing some HD content (both 720 and 1080) and suddenly I'm getting black horizontal bars ont the plasma and on the CRT the image is even more a letterbox than before."

You shouldn't have to up/downscale if you are sending HD to an HD monitor from an HD timeline. Are you trying to down-convert?

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Jan 29, 2010 at 10:29:22 pm

Not sure what I'm doing, actually... :-)

The CRT is fed with composite, and has to be downscaled for output. The Plasma is fed with HDMI and would not require any scaling at all....?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 29, 2010 at 10:31:24 pm

Well how is your control panel setup?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]