FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona can't see timecode in FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Cunningham
AJA Kona can't see timecode in FCP
on Dec 23, 2009 at 8:07:52 pm

I am running a Sony Umatic deck through the AJA Kona and into Final Cut Pro using an RS connection. There is no timecode present, and everything seems to be hooked up correctly. Video and Audio comes through, and I can "capture now" but I need timecode. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: AJA Kona can't see timecode in FCP
on Dec 24, 2009 at 2:28:00 pm

[Sean Cunningham] "Video and Audio comes through, and I can "capture now" but I need timecode. Any suggestions?"

Where is your TC source? Deck, Camera or House?

Only the KiPro, Io Express, IoHD and Kona LHI cards support ingest of LTC on capture, all other kona products only support TC over serial (9pin).

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Sean Cunningham
Re: AJA Kona can't see timecode in FCP
on Dec 28, 2009 at 4:06:58 pm

Hi Gary, thanks for the response. The Kona is LHe, the TC source is the deck. (I'm not sure what you mean by house.) There is one more thing I forgot to mention, there is a time base corrector in the equation. So we're running from the deck, to the TBC, to the Kona, then into FCP. The RS connection bypasses the TBC though, and goes from the deck to the Kona. TC should be going through the RS cable, but I figured the problem was the 2 video signals that FCP was picking up from both the TBC and the deck. Thoughts on this? Thanks-

Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]