FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Io

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Gaudieri
AJA Io
on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:25:49 pm

Am trying to dig PAL composite video through the AJA Io box into the Mac Pro via FireWire into FCP 7.0.1

My settings on the Io box are correct; my capture settings in FCP are AJA Io:Composite 8bit PAL 48KHz and the sequence settings are: Apple ProRes 422 PAL 48KHz.

The problem occurs when opening up final cut, the AJA controller all of a sudden goes from active (video present) to inactive. The dig window opens up when capturing now, so that would lead me to think that this is some AJA Io issue. Not sure why it is going inactive upon opening FCP. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roland Blaser
Re: AJA Io
on Dec 31, 2009 at 9:37:13 am

Hi Alex!

As soon as FCP starts it takes over ioHD control from the AJA control panel. FCP has priority before the AJA control panel. In other words: it is normal it has to be like this. Within FCP you will control the AJA ioHD via the FCP settings. If you did the proper installation you should have the AJA presets now showing up within your FCP.
Check out all the presets, there are many for capturing and there are many for playback. The ones that work together with AJA ioHD have AJA in their name...

Regards,

Roland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]