FORUMS: list search recent posts

software for kona iohd won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel 6GB RAM

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason morton
software for kona iohd won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel 6GB RAM
on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:51:27 am

My software for my AJA Kona ioHD won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel 6GB RAM 250G HD
Has anyone got any ideas. Tried installing from the CD and downloads form Kona to no avail. Is it because my mac is too old? confused.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: software for kona iohd won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel 6GB RAM
on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:13:24 pm

[jason morton] "My software for my AJA Kona ioHD won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66"

Kinda hard to help you when there is NO info,

what driver?
what OS
what FCP.

if you are working in FCP 7 you MUST BE at 7.01 for both FCP and the IoHD Driver software.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

jason morton
Re: software for kona iohd won't install on my Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Dual-Core Intel 6GB RAM
on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:59:49 pm

Sorted. something wrong with my CD, and i managed to download the wrong driver, doh! Got the correct one now, and all is well.
Having only used my laptop with my ioHD before, i always ran my media drives through a express card34 FW800, then used the MacBookPro FW800 for the ioHD. Now am i right in thinking i will need a pci card with firewire 800 for my media drives on the Mac Pro?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 12, 2009 at 5:09:48 pm

[jason morton] "Now am i right in thinking i will need a pci card with firewire 800 for my media drives on the Mac Pro?"

Right, you are.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

jason morton
on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:24:23 pm

thanks Jeremy, I knew i was probably a dumb question, but just wanted to be certain before i invest.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:00:09 pm

[jason morton] "Now am i right in thinking i will need a pci card with firewire 800 for my media drives on the Mac Pro?"

Yes, either that or something like eStata.

Many people just create a RAID0 volume using internal drives on the MacPro

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]