FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purple line on my BPRo & IOHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
Purple line on my BPRo & IOHD
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:53:15 pm

Weird one. Anyone seen this before?

Last night I was doing a ustream broadcast using my IOHD. I had a D30 composite into my IOHD and into my 17" MBP. I then used Wirecast to stream to ustream. When I was streaming the d30, I had a thin green line across the preview and live screen within Wirecast. It also transmitted over the internet onto my wirecast stream. When I switched to a preloaded video, the line went away. When I switched back to the D30, the line came back and was broadcast through to UStream. The D30 viewfinder didn't show this line nor did the operators monitor. The line didn't appear across my entire laptop screen, just in the live video preview and program screens. The line was picked up as an exact artifact visible by the audience ( I received many comments). I added this pic of what it looked like. The line was jumping vertically about a half an inch and was only visible in the live shots.

Here's where it is really bizarre. In the past, this has been happening but the lines were purple. Same thing but with a z-1. In those cases though, the line showed up in my z-1 lcd preview screen as well. My Z-1 was demonstrating this from firewire directly to MBP via firewire and also as hd sdi from miranda converter to IOHD.

Too much here to think it is a sole IOHD problem but maybe graphics card or firewire cable? I've seen threads where people complain about these lines but neve see a solution. Has anyone ever had this>

Jeff

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Purple line on my BPRo & IOHD
on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:41:18 am

[Jeff Mack] "When I was streaming the d30, I had a thin green line across the preview and live screen within Wirecast. It also transmitted over the internet onto my wirecast stream. When I switched to a preloaded video, the line went away"

If the issue was with the IoHD it would be in Every signal point after the Iohd- you even say that it was first seen in the wirecast and not seen in the preloaded content -so it HAS to be something with the wirecast encoder.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Nov 12, 2009 at 1:05:11 am

I'm hearing you. The pre loaded video didn't go through the IOHD though. It resided on my desktop. Wirecast just acted like a switcher. I suppose it could be in wirecast but only in how it takes the live feed.

Jeff

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:20:33 pm

[Jeff Mack] "The pre loaded video didn't go through the IOHD though. It resided on my desktop. Wirecast just acted like a switcher"

In my world Wirecast is a compression tool to deliver live streams to the web.
A green line like the one shown is usually compression error in the encode, you might fill in the blanks about Type of compression used - what telco access level for the data path, etc.

on the D30, can we assume that you were streaming from the Sony camera version or the Canon version?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:11:51 pm

Gary,

Thank for your interest in this thread. My settings were:

H.264 encode 720x480, 29.97 Frame rate, 300k/sec, Key frame every 240, AAC audio, 56k/s for a total stream bandwidth of 356k/s.

I realize that this is a low bandwidth but I didn't have much headroom on my connection.

I am going to do some more tests today. I think it is a firewire issue after all. I am going to try to connect again and see if I can recreate this. Then I will change the bus to expresscard 34. One other thing might concern me. My laptop get's quite hot. I installed the smc fancontrol plugin and I have seen that my temp gets up to 187 (hottest so far) Now it runs around 140 with the adjustments to the fan speed.

Here is the strangest thing that might dbunk all of my theories. When I used my Z-1, I have actually seen the same line on the LCD screen there and it followed through to my MBPro and eventually output. In this last case with the D30, (Sony) it did not show up on his camera or monitor.

I'll post back after my tests today.

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]