FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Kona LHi user woes

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cervarich
New Kona LHi user woes
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:56:35 pm

I have just made the plunge from a G4 to a MacPro 8-core. I was using a very low tech method, a Stealth serial port and an RS-422 driver, to import material from my Beta deck (I know it's history - but I still have clients who use it) into FCP projects.
To begin my transition into the modern era, I purchased an AJA Kona LHi card to use for importing analog material as well as HD material. I am now trying to get this card and the breakout box to import some Beta material since I am set to work for a client that still uses Beta.
I have my audio 1 & 2 outputs (XLR) on the back of my Beta deck connected to the Analog audio in Channel 1 & 2 on the breakout board. I have my video out from the back of the Beta deck connected to Y/G/CVBS in. I have connected an RS-422 cable to the remote on the back of my Beta deck and to RS-422 on the breakout box.
I have set my AJA Control Panel inputs to Composite for format and analog for audio input. I have not selected anything else on the Control Panel.
I have tried various settings in FCP7 but none of them seem to work. What I see when I go to Log and Capture is a black screen that flashes, or maybe it is pulses, in the center with a band of intensely colored lines.
What should I select as the proper setting in FCP? What else am I doing wrong that will not allow me to make the connection?
By the way, I do have a tape in the Beta deck when I go to Log and Capture and the deck is in remote. Oh yes, when I am in Log and Capture, I see no communication where I should see VTR or Unthreaded or some such comment below the Log and Capture monitor.
Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: New Kona LHi user woes
on Nov 5, 2009 at 11:57:41 pm

Have you chosen an appropriate Aja easy setup?

Return to posts index

Frank Cervarich
Re: New Kona LHi user woes
on Nov 6, 2009 at 4:58:16 pm

Jeremy -
Thanks for the suggestion. It turned out to be something I probably never would have thought of. I called AJA support and, after explaining my problem, the technician calmly told me to look at the cable connecting the breakout board to the computer. 'The writing on both ends of the connectors of the cable must be face up so you can see it,' he told me. When I did as he asked, everything worked like a charm. Who would have thought?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]