FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA IO HD Random issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tottingham
AJA IO HD Random issues
on Nov 4, 2009 at 11:33:07 pm

Hi,
We've been using the AJA IO HD for about six months but it's perculiarities are finally starting to get to me :)
Our 1st issue is around deck communication which it just randomly loses when connected to a Sony J30 player though FCP. What usually happens is it works for a bit after we've got everything talking to each other happilly, captured a couple of tapes and then perhaps done something crazy like turn it off for the night. Then, using the exact same project and kit the card will just not be able to see the deck. Our method has been to turn off the Mac and card, then unplug them all. We then turn on the card, then the deck, then once that's all booted we turn on the computer. Usually, after doing this about 3 times (turning everything back on and off again) it bizarrely gets deck control. This is very frustrating and just plain unreliable and is making me read the small print on the warranty. Has anyone any ideas on this? An yes, we've checked the comms cable!

The 2nd issue we've had is using the AJA to view XDCAM EX rushes on a compononent PAL SD monitor. Yes, I know the AJA IO HD doesn't officially support playback of XDCAM EX rushes but we managed to get it working quite happilly and it allowed us to use our large 20" SD monitor for reference and client/commissioner viewing. But now it simply stopped working (and this was before we updated firmware, it just changed it's mind one day). Has anyone any ideas as to why this might be? We were successfully able to use it with XDCAM EX by setting the AJA to 625 PAL out and the Video Out setting in FCP to AJA625 and other resolutions too that would give variations of down-scaling. Has anyone any thoughts on why this would simply just stop working? It happened incidentally, of course, as a client walked in for a viewing.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA IO HD Random issues
on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:32:46 pm

[Steve Tottingham] "This is very frustrating and just plain unreliable and is making me read the small print on the warranty. Has anyone any ideas on this? An yes, we've checked the comms cable! "

Is it only that deck? Call AJA and they will send you a small file that will poll the deck differently.

[Steve Tottingham] "Has anyone any thoughts on why this would simply just stop working?"

Even if you were able to force it out of the ioHD, that's not the proper way to do a down-convert. You leave the VIdeo out set to the proper HD video output, then do the down-convert through the Io Control panel. This might give you better results. If your computer is fast enough, you should be ale to at least get a preview.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]