FORUMS: list search recent posts

ioHD monitoring problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Little
ioHD monitoring problem
on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:28:28 pm

I am using an AJA ioHD with Final Cut Pro. When feeding a monitor during editing and I have been "scrubbing" in the timeline, the ioHD will start sending the video monitor frames it saw in the past and not always the frame Final Cut is sitting on. When simply playing down a timeline, it seems to work fine. I am running on a Mac Pro3.1, Mac OS X Version 10.5.8, Final Cut Pro Version 6.0.6. We have updated the firmware and software on the ioHD to the lastest available. Any suggestions?

Thanks

John Little
DPTV

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: ioHD monitoring problem
on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:00:11 pm

Go to the Final CUt Pro > System Settings > Playback Control menu.

Uncheck "scrub high quality".

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Little
on Oct 14, 2009 at 1:02:26 pm

Thanks for your response, but I had already had that item unchecked and I am still having this problem. Any other ideas?

John Little
DPTV

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 14, 2009 at 8:25:23 pm

[John Little] "Any other ideas? "

Uninstall the AJA drivers using the AJA uninstaller, then reinstall the latest drivers.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Little
on Oct 14, 2009 at 1:40:40 pm

Some added information about the problem. I am not seeing it when working in SD codecs, just HD. We usually work in DVCPRO HD and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) when working in HD.

John Little
DPTV

Return to posts index

Roland Blaser
on Oct 14, 2009 at 4:37:24 pm

Hi John! Ist the ioHD the only unit connected to your Firewire 800? The ioHD needs the full Firewire throughput, so nothing else on the Firewire - no HD, no nothing. Maybe it works with SD 'cause of a lower data volume compared to HD.

Regards, Roland

Return to posts index

John Little
on Oct 14, 2009 at 5:05:45 pm

The ioHD is the only firewire device presently connected to the system. I wish it were that simple.

John Little
DPTV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]