FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP, Snow, and IoHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Caillouet
FCP, Snow, and IoHD
on Oct 8, 2009 at 5:30:56 pm

I read the long thread on IoHD and drivers and i feel the same pain but i thought that i should post my experience on a recent job using the hardware and software in question.

I received a stock IoHD unit for a film festival, where i had to playback a show live from a Final Cut Pro timeline. I prepared the rough cut of the show using FCP 6.0.6 under OS 10.5.8, but when i got to the site, i found that Apple had provided machines with FCP7 and Snow Leopard and soon figured out that i had a problem using the IoHD.

Luckily, a friend had just upgraded to FCP7 but had not gone to Snow Leopard, so we were able to use his machine to play out the show. I had a few hangs of the IoHD during the final edit prior to the show, but no issues during the playout.

I tried exporting the FCP7 project as an XML file and re-importing into FCP6 but lost some links to the render files and didn't have time to re-render the whole timeline. I plan to work on that process now that i have time again.

I rebooted the system before the show to make sure that i was is the best position to avoid more hangups, and i got a message indicating that the IoHD drivers were from 2007 and that there were 2008 ones available. I opted not to update right before the show, but i am wondering what the latest good drivers are.

Thanks to Gary and the other contributors on this forum for giving me good ideas on how to approach the problem.

And, Shaun, if you decide to sell your IoHD, let me know. I am looking for a used box in good shape.

cheers,

C. R. Caillouet
Vision Unlimited/LA
HD Production Technical Support since 1987
...searching for the right tool for the job...

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: FCP, Snow, and IoHD
on Oct 9, 2009 at 12:31:47 am

[Charles Caillouet] "Thanks to Gary and the other contributors on this forum for giving me good ideas on how to approach the problem. "

You are most welcome CR.
always my pleasure to assist a friend.

gary

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved