FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO as a standalone signal generator

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Goldstein
IO as a standalone signal generator
on Oct 5, 2009 at 12:37:14 am

I asked this in the Kona forum, but it's really an IO questions...

Is there any way to get an IO (Yes, plain-old IO, not HD, La, Ld, etc.) to perform as a sync generator, without it being connected to a computer, so that I can get my UVW1800 to lock-up with my new Kona LHi?

MacPro 2x2.66Mhz, 8GB Ram, LaCie QUADRA, AJA IO

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: IO as a standalone signal generator
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:15:56 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Get a crowbar, stick it in your wallet, and buy an AJA GEN10 for 300 bucks. And if you are truly poor, go to this website -

http://www.ebay.com

and search for a Horita BSG-50. You will find this for under $200, and it will do the job for you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Sam Goldstein
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:13:46 am

Too funny, I just got a bsg-50 for $75 on eBay about an hour ago. Thank though.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Oct 6, 2009 at 5:52:31 pm

Good work, both of you guys. Television production equipment without sufficient test and set up equipment is a mud maker box. I remember the bad old days when we had to make up test methods from scratch. One could put an apple on a table and aim a camera at it and try to make it look as much like an apple as possible. Errh! Let`s find an apple that`s extra round for linearity! We, we, added oscilloscopes and drawn test charts as the brain cells started taking extra camping trips with each other over the worry. Later, much later we were partly told, partly realized that the Indian Head pattern we saw (...our competitors use...) was useful for almost any test from the original scene throughout the entire chain all the way to the user`s boob tube providing we make up pickoff places. Now times are modern and you can get Indian Head patterns and wild other kinds "gone Peter Max". But if times get too modern testing gets forgotten. Those who are too logical forget to think, and those who forget to think forget to do unless a big lucky kick goes in exactly the right direction. I don`t use E-bay at all, no wonder. -Not fond of sending money in the wrong direction. The Cow is one of Santa`s helpers here. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IO as a standalone signal generator by, Sam Goldstein
on, Oct 4, 2009 at 8:37:14 pm
I asked this in the Kona forum, but it's really an IO questions...
Is there any way to get an IO (Yes, plain-old IO, not HD, La, Ld, etc.) to perform as a sync generator, without it being connected to a computer, so that I can get my UVW1800 to lock-up with my new Kona LHi?
(and it`s answer).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]