FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO LA and IO LD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Jodry
IO LA and IO LD
on Sep 30, 2009 at 4:01:06 pm

Someone offered me an IO LD for sale. I need an IO LA. Does anybody have the time to copy the circuit diagrams of their units to send to me? educationalbroadcasting@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: IO LA and IO LD
on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:52:33 pm

Say what? ioLD has sdi in and out plus analog component out with 2 channels of analog audio.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Oct 1, 2009 at 5:43:07 pm

Yep, the wrong stuff. That`s why a circuit diagram is needed. (-And a circuit diagram of each model, LA, LD, would be easier).

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 1, 2009 at 6:03:34 pm

[Fred Jodry] "That`s why a circuit diagram is needed. (-And a circuit diagram of each model, LA, LD, would be easier)."

Aja does not release that type of information, they will however repair the unit for you.

No company I know of will release their proprietary hardware info like circuit design.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Carsten Orlt
on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:39:28 pm

[gary adcock] "No company I know of will release their proprietary hardware info like circuit design. "
have you heart of sony?

Carsten

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 2, 2009 at 12:40:36 am

[Carsten Orlt] "have you heart of sony? "

I have not ever heard of Sony shipping a random person a circuit diagram for an SR Deck or a Camera, those diagrams are not available even to the most qualified service people according to my contacts.

try and get a schematic for an EX and then get back to me.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Carsten Orlt
on Oct 2, 2009 at 1:10:36 am

[gary adcock] "shipping a random person"

he didn't ask a 'random person' he did ask people who do have any of the units..

[gary adcock] "try and get a schematic for an EX and then get back to me"

i do not own a ex or sr deck, but i did receive extensive diagrams with my sony beta sp and dat decks years ago. how otherwise should a non sony tech person trouble shoot the equipment?

anyhow maybe it has changed.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 7, 2009 at 2:39:59 am

It has changed. If you have seen any modern Sony Broadcast equipment (or anyone's equipment that is new in the last 10 years) - no one sends out designs of their products to component level.

Fred - this is all anyone needs for the AJA products that you are asking about -

http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/AJA_IoLALDbook2-18-04b.pdf

This is the complete wiring and instruction manual (installation guide) to both the I/O LA, and I/O LD. If there are any detailed questions you want answered about the I/O LA or LD, just ask right here. Now that I have shown you this - I want YOU to tell me EXACTLY why do you want a wiring diagram of the circuitry for the AJA I/O LA, and AJA I/O LD. Almost every post you respond to, you simply ask "is it still for sale" or "any left". If you are reselling equipment from Creative Cow, exactly why do you want the circuit diagrams for the AJA I/O LA and I/O LD ? It is VERY inexpensive to buy A/D and D/A converters from AJA and Blackmagic today - are you trying to build your own, to save 50 bucks ?

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:00:07 pm

In many of my TV productions I use my production set ups exactly like film, except for the ease of TV sound production. While some shows are just regular serials, others can be camped on location for interminal (right word?) amounts of time, sometimes as long as a National Geographic expedition. When a piece of equipment breaks or rubbers it`s calibration out of whack we don`t canoe it up the waterfalls to the manufacturer and back nor take an extra airplane trip, we usually fix it ourselves. When a piece of equipment is too old and spare we can give it with it`s circuit diagram with it to a Radio Ham or other enthusiast and their using it often returns to us later as some of the training (self training) of a new employee we otherwise wouldn`t have. It gives us a dose of both unusually old and unusually young new employees who would otherwise be impractical to initiate or even figure out if they have the gumption. And there are volunteers of the same. I don`t resell any equipment in this type of area of the industry at all except that if a plain good trade or sale came along it could just be regular. There is no cornerring reselling business being built here, there is already other businesses, some which make money some which lose money. Money and advertising are rather short and short of what they should be, no matter what we do, it`s just the times. An LD lacks a component encoder. If I buy the unit it`s convert the cabinet and keep going. Hopefully little or no software retyping. Bob, in case you haven`t noticed, a second hand "whole or feature unit" is whatever fraction of the price of a new unit and variable, and a second hand converter is (always) unmentionably different in price from the price of a new one and costs more than getting some second hand main units. Anyway, my only "studio style" camera is presently laid up with no color encoder and it`s time to divert some projects in mind away from black and white.
Exact answer for LALD question is RGBS output out of gamma corrector of camera 75 ohms cables as well as through mixer board with clamping/ comp/ da amplifier (Think, R-Y sort of stuff already done.) as needed towards the encoder box. The audio path probably doesn`t need description other than we only have one mind and two ears. Visual monitoring will be by the usual production and post production display or two, with monitoring off the (1) computer display card as well, and no outside D/A converter. Bumpdown ability from other producers submissions will definitely be limited by budget. No moving film(rates)inputs nor mixing SD composite cameras live into the same mix. They`re hitting their own production table. If firewire, either 400 or whatever pours into a PCIe 16 rail of that "spare" computer. Whew, this is way too much typing for me!

Fred Jodry Re: IO LA and IO LD
by Bob Zelin on Oct 7, 2009 at 2:39:59 am

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Oct 9, 2009 at 5:14:58 pm

Well, this one could be all for naught. The source of the strain could be a different one. Maybe AJA doesn`t make enough units. Not enough in the first place and not enough to increase sales. In many industries it`s the slice of ironic wry that sales people can be trying to sell products in numbers that haven`t been made. It`d be a pretty interesting question to write the manufacturer although I could wish the salesman would ask it first (and tell). There`s nothing like the irony of enthusiasm for something in short suppy. Maybe conservation of units not sales is in order. I won`t be buying an LD.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 13, 2009 at 12:29:45 am

Perhaps you should contact Matrox about the MXO 2, or Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) on the V4LD. Maybe they can send you a wiring diagram. Or just maybe, you should contact AVID - and ask them to send you a wiring diagram for the AVID Mojo DX or the AVID Nitris DX.

After all, who cares about a no question 5 year warantee from AJA, when all we really want is a wiring diagram for their products !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:56:48 pm

What I want is a working machine and a full circuit diagram helps. It`s time for this cow to create the right unit when the usable units are in short supply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]