FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Monitor Recomendations

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hirsch
Studio Monitor Recomendations
on Sep 23, 2009 at 4:49:19 pm

I am replacing my old SD preview monitor and looking for some advise. Right now, the set up is I have a Sony 40" HD LCD for the client monitor. Which is fine. And I have a old Sony 14" SD monitor as my preview monitor which is down-converted from the ioHD. This one I want to replace. I've been looking at the Panasonic BT-LH1710W 17" and the JVC DT-V17L3DY 17". Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you,
Steve

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
Re: Studio Monitor Recomendations
on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:47:24 am

I was in the same boat as you, and just purchased a 17" LCD monitor from Flanders Scientific.

Pretty much feature for feature the same as Panasonic's 17" model, at a much cheaper price.

Bonus: When I called their Atlanta headquarters, I ended up speaking the President of the company for 15 minutes. That sold me. And, in case you're wondering, they are a relatively new company, but filled with veterans from other broadcast endeavors.

http://www.flandersscientific.com/index/LM1760W

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 5, 2009 at 2:17:35 am

Yes, the 17" FSI monitor is pretty damn amazing - especially if you still work with standard def (Beta) - and the built in scope blows the doors off the Panasonic.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Steve Hirsch
on Oct 7, 2009 at 3:28:05 pm

Thank you for the information. For the price, I might go for the 21.5" LM-2130W to get the full HD 1920 x 1080.

Thanks again,
Steve

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:58:33 pm

Hi Steve,

Just FYI, the sale on the LM-2130W is over. The last 5 available at the sale price were sold earlier today. While we will continue to offer support and have full access to spare parts for these units we have no intention of continuing to stock them. The LM-1760W ($2,495) is $500 less expensive than an LM-2130W ($2,995) and is a vastly superior monitor for any color critical applications.

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:33:35 pm

The president of the company, name escapes me now, suggested either the 17" or the 24", which costs twice the money. He said the in-between sizes were more for rack mounted applications -- not for critical type work.

The 17" Flanders Scientific (which I bought) looks terrific, and has all the options I need, but, it is a little on the small size. Still, $2500 is a lot easier to swallow than $5000-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]