FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC7 w/ioHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Wolfe
FC7 w/ioHD
on Aug 11, 2009 at 2:51:06 am

even though the new drivers aren't out yet, I'm between projects so I went ahead and installed FCS3. I"m happy to report that everything works so far. I haven't tried a sequence w/ProRes proxy or LT, but all of my reg ProRes projects play thru the ioHD no problem. curious thing, there are no 720p presets for ProRes4444, only 1080 24p/25p/30p/50i/60i

of all the new features, the best one for me is the auto rename feature in the log & transfer window. should make clip organization much easier.

Return to posts index

Randy Hyder
Re: FC7 w/ioHD
on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:00:36 pm

that is great to hear! I am thinking they are waiting to update the drivers with OS 10.6 in a couple of weeks

Return to posts index

Michel Leroux
on Sep 4, 2009 at 1:25:40 pm

6.0.3 and FCP7 work with ProRes 422 and HQ media.
It will crash FCP 7 if you monitor new ProRes flavor
It is possible to monitor AVC-INTRA with AJA TV in ProRes HQ
If you installed Snow Leopard it will remove IO driver and indicate that is not compatible with 6.0.3

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:37:54 pm

[Michel Leroux] "6.0.3 and FCP7 work with ProRes 422 and HQ media.
"

you had better check that, because in my tests the output was not correctly interpreting frames and I was not able to correctly layoff to tape.

Look if they (aja) says it does not work, something is wrong somewhere in the process based on the current specs. Being able to see the signal on a display is not the same as being able to confidently edit to tape. Aren't you noticing dupe frames at edit points? I do

I know of serious issues with doing this hack if you are working in PAL frame rates

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]