FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Video Playback from AE

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Nikitin
Trouble with Video Playback from AE
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:04:57 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with playback from AE. Perhaps someone will have pointers regarding what could be the issue.

I'm running Aja IoHD with latest firmware from MacBook Pro via Firewire 800. AJA connects to playback monitor via HDMI.

The AJA setup is fine. No other USB/Firewire devices involved. I just got off the phone with Aja tech support, they said that everything is set up correctly; we went through the entire control panel checklist. On top of that, I do get playback from FCP. So, the issue seems to be with After Effects...

I have recently upgraded to Leopard. Prior to that, everything worked with the same setup that I'm using right now. Using AE CS3.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Trouble with Video Playback from AE
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:39:16 pm

[Michael Nikitin] "I'm having trouble with playback from AE. Perhaps someone will have pointers regarding what could be the issue. "

Um...

AE does not like working in Apple's ProRes codec, what is your timeline set too?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Check out
http://www.aja.com/kiprotour/

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Michael Nikitin
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:45:41 pm

I should have mentioned the video settings, of course. It's DV-NTSC Quicktime at 29.97. That's what the AJA settings are set to (525i29.97), and AE's video playback settings as well. I also tried starting new comps and generating playback for a new color solid, for instance -- to no avail.

Return to posts index

Michael Nikitin
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:36:03 pm

Well... I fixed it. It took a complete uninstall/reinstall of Aja software, AND trashing AE preference files.
I guess we'll never find out what the problem was. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]