FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie: Will not record in FCP2

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Brave
Newbie: Will not record in FCP2
on Jul 6, 2009 at 7:46:35 pm

I have updated firewire, 10.5.7 OS: Using Svideo coming out of a Datavideo switcher: audio from a Sound Devices 422 into AJA ch1

In aja control panal I have set: inputs to analog 525i29.97, audio in: embedded ch 108/map 1-2 to 1-2
FORMAT: primary 525i29.97 (grayed out) secondary same as above
conversion Up: anamorphic, Down: anamorphic, SD to SD: off
Dig OUT: both set to primary
Analog V out: Primary, An format: Component (spte/ebu n10), monitor audio: ch 1-2
HDMI: don't have one using computer for now.
CONTROL: default output: tried: input passthrough/test pattern

In FCP2 when I select capture now it comes up with message: "File error: unknown file.". Black screen also tried in capture setting Non-controllable device and Firewire NTSC. Oh yes I am just trying to record to MacBook Pro 17" internal 7200 drive for now. I do have a expresscard Firewire 800 card but left it at home.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Newbie: Will not record in FCP2
on Jul 6, 2009 at 9:43:09 pm

Do you have the ioHD drivers installed? if so, Hit control-q inside of FCP and Choose the 29.97 frame rate, then choose your codec of choice to capture to. If you have no external drives, then you MIGHT be able to get away with dv50, if not use dv. You should really use an external drive.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 7, 2009 at 5:00:51 pm

Tony -
you write -
Using Svideo coming out of a Datavideo switcher:

In aja control panal I have set: inputs to analog 525i29.97, audio in: embedded ch 108/map 1-2 to 1-2

REPLY -
you are using the S-Video output of your Datavideo swither. I don't know if you have an I/O, or I/O HD. If you have an I/O HD, your AJA Control Panel INPUT tab better be set to S-Video. If that doesn't work, take the composite video output of your Datavideo switcher, and stick that into the composite video input of your I/O HD and switch the control panel INPUT tab to COMPOSITE.

As for your audio - I have no idea of what a sound ideas product is, but it sure sounds like it is not an audio embedder, which means that your audio input selection should not be on embedded audio.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tony Brave
on Jul 9, 2009 at 1:03:56 am

hey got it up and rolling. My question now is when I capture the capture window has a small black border around it. It is like it is not truly 720x480. Is this something to worry about? I know I could increase size but i am going to have hundeds of clips doing this math class. I hate to have to resize each time I work on one. What is the option 625?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 9, 2009 at 11:36:45 am

What about after you capture? What format are you capturing to? No, not 625 unless you are working in PAL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]