FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO Firewire port not responding

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam schreck
IO Firewire port not responding
on Jun 24, 2009 at 7:31:29 pm

I’ve been using the AJA I/O HD on my PPC dual 2.7 mac (last of the PPC; I know it’s not the recommended hardware but until yesterday it’s worked; osX 10.5.7) and everything has been good until I ran the latest firmware update. Now I can’t get the I/O HD to recognize its internal firewire port.

My computer sees the device (if I go to “About this Mac” >>> “More Info” >>> Firewire Bus), it’s listed in the system profiler as “Unknown 800mb/sec firewire device.”

I’ve tried different cables and tried different firewire ports on my Mac (I also have PCI dual firewire 800 card installed) without any luck.

I also did a complete uninstall of all AJA related software and re-installed the latest (6.0.4) version. Still no dice. And all the other "typical" system maintenance stuff (OnyX, disk utility, etc.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
schreck

Return to posts index

adam schreck
Re: IO Firewire port not responding
on Jun 25, 2009 at 11:45:44 pm

Whoops, should have searched all first, I found the prior thread about the hard reset (thanks Jeremy and Gary) and that did the trick.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/150/858493#858522

Still trying to figure out how to remove answered posts/threads; stumbling about here. Apologies to mod(s) for extra traffic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]