FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io LD can't initialize digibeta thru FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jewesbury
Io LD can't initialize digibeta thru FCP
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:51:42 pm

Help. This set-up has been working fine for around a year now but has suddenly gone wrong.

I've got the Io LD hooked up to my Quad-Core Mac Pro, running 10.5.6, QTPro 7.6 and FCP 6.0.5. All of sudden, I get the old 'Unable to initialize video deck' message when I open Log & Capture. I checked my Device Control, under the 'Port' option it gives me only 1 option - 'Bluetooth-PDA-Sync'. Obviously my Digibeta deck is connected to the Io LD as usual thru the RS-232, and the Io is connected to the Mac via Firewire. I haven't changed my device control settings manually. When I run AJA VTR Xchange, it also tells me that 'No Serial Port is selected' and offers me the same bluetooth option.

What's going on? What do I need to upgrade or uninstall? I've checked the AJA website and i'm using all the up-to-date drivers (or rather, there are no very recent updates). This was working fine last time I had to capture a few weeks ago...

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Io LD can't initialize digibeta thru FCP
on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:35:19 pm

Quit FCP and shut down your machine. Then power down your io. Let it sit for 10 seconds then turn it back on, the repower your computer. Launch the IO control panel. Are you getting a video in signal?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]