FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io HD - Like the Matrox MXO but better???

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Schwartz
Io HD - Like the Matrox MXO but better???
on May 29, 2009 at 10:55:32 pm

Does the Io HD, like the Matrox MXO, provide "frame-accurate, broadcast-quality HD/SD output" that turns your computer monitor into "an artifact-free, true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading?" I realize that the Io HD has HDMI out while the MXO has DVI-D out, but does it basically do the same thing? If so, is it fair to say that the Io HD, with its various inputs/outputs and Pro-Res functionality, does everything the MXO can do and then some?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Io HD - Like the Matrox MXO but better???
on May 30, 2009 at 2:03:41 pm

[Ben Schwartz] "Does the Io HD, like the Matrox MXO, provide "frame-accurate, broadcast-quality HD/SD output" "

Yes- AJA is one of the most well respected Hardware companies in the Video world.

[Ben Schwartz] "that turns your computer monitor into "an artifact-free, true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading?""

No Aja has never made such a claim.

Sorry to burst your bubble but NO TOOL can make you computer monitor all of these things-Why do you think that displays cost so much.A pro-level display costs more than that and should. So how does it standardize the refresh rate or color balance you monitor? - how does it properly show gamma? Which Gamma 1.8/ 2.0 /2.2 or DCI spec at 2.6

[Ben Schwartz] "f so, is it fair to say that the Io HD, with its various inputs/outputs and Pro-Res functionality, does everything the MXO can do and then some?"

I would state the the other way around, but the IoHD does much more than just the MXO does. My MXO unit does not have HDMI and does not offer the functionality of the IoHD. The IoHD offers a greater range of storage possibilities since it does not occupy the express slot, leaving storage to be handled by eSata or by adding additional FW cards.

If you want support for a pending mxo purchase- you are in the wrong forum.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Check out
http://www.aja.com/kiprotour/

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Io HD - Like the Matrox MXO but better???
on May 30, 2009 at 4:54:27 pm

how dare you Gary !
I just spent $119 at WalMart for this Daewoo DVI monitor, and I expect it to perform every bit as good as an $8000 CineTal, because Matrox specifically says -

"that turns your computer monitor into "an artifact-free, true-color video display you can trust, even for color grading?""

I have these same conversations about the much more expensive
HP Dreamcolor (for $2000).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]