FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA I/O LD loses video signal

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Pisnieski
AJA I/O LD loses video signal
on May 22, 2009 at 8:00:08 pm

I currently have a variety of Kona 3, Kona Lhe, and AJA IO LD video cards/boxes at my post facility. All of the AJA products are installed/connected via firewire to MacPro CPU's (both Quad and 8-cores). Recently I upgraded our entire post facility to Final Cut Pro version 6.0.5 and now I'm having problems maintaining a consistent video signal. We could be digitizing an hour long tape or playing back a sequence however we always have to refresh the video and audio signal through Final Cut Pro because at some point every hour we lose video signal out of the AJA I/O LD. Any ideas on what maybe causing the loss of video signal? I can't find anything on AJA's site that notifies customers of a conflict between the I/O LD box and FCP 6.0.5. Please note that we do not have any of these problems with our edit bays that have Kona LHe and Kona 3 cards.

Thanks,
Will

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJA I/O LD loses video signal
on May 24, 2009 at 10:10:21 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling any drivers/firmeare updates of the ioLD.

http://www.aja.com/support/io/io.php

ALso, I imagine the io is the only firewire device that is connected to those machines? If you have other firewire deives, make sure to spearate them with an appropriate fw PCI card.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]