FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP changing the TimeCode of QTs!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juanjo Mora
FCP changing the TimeCode of QTs!
on Apr 9, 2009 at 8:20:37 pm

I'm sorry for posting so much!

Now I have a very bizarre problem, I already tested and re-tested and this is crazy!

I'm using AJA's VTR Xchange v.4.0 to capture from an HDCAM deck at 1080@23.98psf. I'm capturing the output of an Aaton Keycode recorded to the tape.

At capture in VTR Xchange the time code matches nicely: the ioHD display, the Time Code Display in VTR Xchange, the Time Code display on the HDCAM VTR and the burn-in Time Code in the image ALL of them align perfectly.

When I import the captured footage into FCP it shows a 2 frame offset from what it's burned-in in the image to what FCP reads: when the burn-in diplays 01:00:00:00 the FCP time code display (and TimeCode Read Filter) reads 01:00:00:02.

So, I believed there was something wrong with my setup, double-checked everything again, and convinced my video engineer to feed me an LTC signal from the HDCAM deck to the ioHD LTC input... everything seems right in the VTR Xchange interface, all time codes match... capture, import into FCP and again everything has a 2 frame offset!

So, after many cycles of this I get a hunch and right after I capture I open the captured file in QT Player and set it to display the embedded Time Code: it matches the burn-in.

Ok. Import it in FCP, again the 2 frame offset, close FCP, open again in QT Player and now it has also a 2 frame offset there!!

What is this?

Am I going crazy?

Please help.

Regards,

Jj

MacPro 3,1
2x Quad-Core Intel Xeon@2.8GHz
4GB RAM
4x 1TB HDDs
MacOS 10.5.6
FCS 2
Adobe CS4 Production Bundle