FORUMS: list search recent posts

aja io no timecode on fcp no audio on vtr exchange

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudio Araoz
aja io no timecode on fcp no audio on vtr exchange
on Apr 7, 2009 at 2:11:45 pm

i am trying to capture a hdsdi feed thru the aja io, i am feeding it analog audio and hdsdi and tc ltc, i tried the easy set up on fcp for aja prores 422 and i get video audio but no timecode, i set the control panel for ltc i see the time code on the front of the aja but no on fcp, i tried capturing with vtr exchange i get tc, video, but the analog audio clicks on preview, and i actually ran the video and audio thru a hd1400 deck since at that point i had to start recording on something, the told the to look for embeded audio and that clears up the clicks so i have tc, video audio but it does not record the audio even though is selected and it chrashes every 20 min, i have 4 macbook pros that are doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: aja io no timecode on fcp no audio on vtr exchange
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:47:13 pm

[Claudio Araoz] " i tried the easy set up on fcp for aja prores 422 and i get video audio but no timecode, "

that is correct FCP does not understand LTC timecode.

[Claudio Araoz] ", i tried capturing with vtr exchange i get tc, video, but the analog audio clicks on preview, "

OK
did you set the audio capture in VTR exchange? by defualt it is only 44K audio and the clicks would have gone away if you had 1) rendered the existing files 2) changed the Audio capture settings in VTRX.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:48:58 pm

FCP does not record tc accept via rs-422. You need to use VTR Exchange to get timecode via HD-SDI or LTC.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Claudio Araoz
on Apr 8, 2009 at 8:03:54 am

Thanks for the reply

Well my problem is with the vtr exchange app at this point, i am getting timecode audio and video into the io because i see it in the front panel, i can even preview the tc video and audio, i select to capture both audio and video, but when the clip ends recording the playback window opens up and the audio is greyed out and is says no audio, so to summarized i see audio in the app it should be recording but when i play it back it says no audio

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 8, 2009 at 3:32:29 pm

Have you setup your audio and video settings from within VTR Exhange "capture" menu?

Return to posts index

Claudio Araoz
on Apr 9, 2009 at 2:32:46 am

ok finally got it working, apparently i had to delete the profile, that somehow was corrupted, it worked but it was weird that the same fil was corrupted on 5 different laptops with the same setup

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on May 5, 2009 at 8:14:51 pm

I'm sorry I missed this thread! I had the same issue during beta testing. You just had to delete the profile since there was a batch that came out corrupted. But I guess you already figured that out! Good job! I'll watch for your posts from now on...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]