FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5 Crashes (Also posted in Final Cut Forum)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dixon Johnston
FCP 5 Crashes (Also posted in Final Cut Forum)
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:06:01 pm

Final Cut Crashes

(copied post from Final Cut Forum)
Heres the back story. Following an Io driver update we lost all control of the Io box, and FCP started crashing. We un boxed our dusty FCP5 crossgrade which we were reluctant to install and finally installed it along with an upgrade to Tiger (and additional software updates). Still no luck. We contact Io support, they had a replacement here a couple of days later (THANKS FOR THE HELP Steve!) We plugged it in, and were glad to see that it was responding with all the right indicator lights. It plays through our audio board and NTSC monitor correctly, but STILL crashes Final Cut. I am guessing either a quicktime (now 7.7) problem or driver problem. Any theories or possible solutions would helpful. If you happen to be running a similar system, what Io drivers and firmware are you using? Ive seen so many similar posts and tried those solutions, but now am resorting to direct expert help from you all.
(edit) This just recently discovered and VERY WEIRD-OS System Preferences will not open?!

Thanks in advance,
Dixon

Dixon Johnston
Creative services Director-WRIC

Dual 2.0 G5, 4G RAM
OSX 10.4.1, FCP 5.1, QT 7
AJA Io-Beta SX (SDI)

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: FCP 5 Crashes (Also posted in Final Cut Forum)
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:45:53 pm

[Dixon Johnston] "but STILL crashes Final Cut. I am guessing either a quicktime (now 7.7) problem or driver problem."

Ok

you have a huge mismatch here and that is going to be the root of your problem.

Old OS. even older FCP, but the absolute latest QT, no idea which Io unit or Driver being used.

It is my understanding that FCP5 will not run reliably on any QT versions later than 7.5.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Dixon Johnston
on Mar 20, 2009 at 5:25:37 pm

Thanks Gary for the quick response,
I am looking into how to revert the quicktime version (still searching-any ideas or links?). Do you think that would also explain (not included in original post) why Final cut opens when the AJA Io box is turned off? It opens so Im able to at least Media Manage and migrate current projects to another edit suite. Do you think I have to reinstall Final Cut again? Will that revert the version of quicktime to the version bundled in the installers?
Dixon

Dixon Johnston
Creative services Director-WRIC

Dual 2.0 G5, 4G RAM
OSX 10.4.1, FCP 5.1, QT 7
AJA Io-Beta SX (SDI)

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 21, 2009 at 1:13:45 pm

dixon

this will be painful, but I would suggest to complete CLEAN reinstall the OS, FCP and not go beyond the 10.4.11/ QT 7.4 settings with this version of FCP (5.1). both the OS and QT installers will need to be downloaded from the apple site- DO NOT USE software update until the OS and QT versions are installed.

computers are funny things they really don't like be have new and old mixed in the OS, it just screws everything up.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]