FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Log and Capture with ioHD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Dow
FCP Log and Capture with ioHD
on Mar 19, 2009 at 8:54:32 pm

I'm trying to Log and Capture into FCP via the ioHD, which is connected to a Panasonic AJ-SD255 via the component video connections. I have the time code out on the deck connected to the ioHD TC In jack. When I'm capturing, the TC in the capture window is never the same as what is on the deck display. After capture, the clip TC is completely different. What should I be checking?

Thanks,
Paul

JPD

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCP Log and Capture with ioHD
on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:42:36 pm

FCP only accepts the TC coming from the 9-Pin deck control, not the LITC. If you need this to be active you have to use AJA's Virtual VTR.

If you are controlling the deck that control has the TC of the tape coming through.

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:52:14 pm

I'm controlling the deck, and the source time in the capture window is close, but not the same. Once captured, the source timecode of the clip is very different. The manual says nothing about "vitual VTR."

JPD

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Mar 19, 2009 at 10:13:07 pm

I think I discovered the problem...the device control was set to the wrong type of Panasonic deck/frame rate. Doh!

JPD

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 19, 2009 at 11:36:06 pm

[James Dow] "I think I discovered the problem...the device control was set to the wrong type of Panasonic deck/frame rate. Doh!"

james.

if you are passing the LTC info from the panasonic deck you will need to capture using Aja's VTRXchange app http://www.aja.com/ajashare/AJA_VTR_Xchangev4.tar to have the LTC timecode capture correctly, since as Michael said FCP does not understand LTC

The app is very simple and will allow you to do what you need, after capture import your files into fcp.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]