FORUMS: list search recent posts

VTR Xchange -43 Error Message

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley James
VTR Xchange -43 Error Message
on Feb 16, 2009 at 6:40:31 pm

Trying to capture HD SDI footage from my JVC 250 / IOHD using VTR Exchange. No matter what settings I use I get this prompt "Trouble setting capture path to "08 Clip `" (Error -43)" The "08 clip" is the name of the clip. Today is a holiday and AJA is on vacation. Anyone out there have an idea of what's going on and a solution?

Thanks

Ashley

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: VTR Xchange -43 Error Message
on Feb 17, 2009 at 6:43:38 pm

Where is your capture scratch going to (Preferences > Capture tab) and what do you have setup for your input in terms of frame size/frame rate/codec in the audio/video (Capture > Video Settings and Capture > Audio Settings)?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ashley James
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:35:09 am

Thanks for getting back to me, Jeremy. I talked to Rudy at AJA today and he talked me thru it. It seems like the Quicktime Prefs got corrupted. I read someplace that if you have AJA VTR Xchange open at the same time as FCP, things get screwed up. It seems that FCP and Xchange both use Quicktime and if FCP is open then corruption occurs. Rudy had me com.apple.quicktine.plugins.preferences.plist, the Quicktime Preferences and the com.diaquest.AJAVTRexchange.plist. That seems to have worked.

I don't get why FCP doesn't read HD SDI timecode. That was the crux of my problem. When I brought the clips in straight into FCP no timecode was read, even though in the AJA Control Panel I could see them rolling. Maybe that's a request that should be made to Apple. Wonder if they ever read this board?

In any case thatnks again. This is the first time I've posted to this forum and I see that you've helped loads of folks.

Ashley

A.James

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:41:39 am

Cool, glad you got it sorted.

[Ashley James] "Maybe that's a request that should be made to Apple."

Most definitely. You can send feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

[Ashley James] "In any case thatnks again."

You're very welcome.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 18, 2009 at 3:00:44 pm

[Ashley James] "I read someplace that if you have AJA VTR Xchange open at the same time as FCP, things get screwed up."

you only got it part right.

it was if you have the VTR Exchange app and the FCP's Capture window open at the same time.

" It seems that FCP and Xchange both use Quicktime and if FCP is open then corruption occurs."

Yeah???

- QT is the same engine for everything graphical on your mac, there are not different versions of QT for the OS and for FCP, so those 2 apps will have to share the QT resources.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Inside look at the IoHD
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]