FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 sdi inputs on the IOHD?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Mack
2 sdi inputs on the IOHD?
on Jan 28, 2009 at 5:16:41 pm

What would the second sdi input be used for? I won't have my test done till late this afternoon but here's what I am trying to do. Wirecast by Telestream is a live web broadcast program. They tout multiple firewire streams in their switching ability. I hooked up my hdsdi to my IOHD last night and the signal was recognized in my Wirecast program. Basically how it works is if I had additional streams in, I could use the program to switch between cameras. I want to know if I hook a second camera to sdi 2, will wirecast see that signal or not. If it doesn't, what is the purpose for the second SDI connection? Seems like having a second camera hooked up just for convenience that needs to be switched in the control panel vs. changing cameras onto sdi 1, make no sense (to me)

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 2 sdi inputs on the IOHD?
on Jan 28, 2009 at 7:18:48 pm

It's there for flexibility. You can hook up two different decks if you need it. Or a camera and deck. Or two cameras. Or a monitor and a deck, or a monitor and a camera. A live feed, a switched feed, an iso feed. The possibilities go on and on. Only one source is recordable at a time.

Return to posts index

Jeff Mack
on Jan 29, 2009 at 1:42:42 am

J, Thanks for the reply. I went to my local hardware shop this afternoon and I learned a lot. I realized that the IOHD was meant for a post prod tool involving decks, therefore the double SDI, That and maybe a combination of use from the Kona 3 which has 444 capability. Nonetheless, using wirecast and my IOHD works and if I leave the control panel up, I can simply toggle between sdi1 and 2 for a por mans switcher (sorry Bob Z)

Thanks JG.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 29, 2009 at 2:24:15 am

No worries. It's not just a post prod tool, in can be used in production for rt playback and recording. It's just not a switcher.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]