FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems capturing DVD through S-Video on AJA IO

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodel Estioco
Problems capturing DVD through S-Video on AJA IO
on Jan 6, 2009 at 7:15:05 pm

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on this site, I've been searching through older posts as well but have not come up with anything.

I am having problems capturing from DVD using S-Video with the AJA IO box. The system was set up a couple years ago and it's worked great (everything worked, S-Video, Beta, etc), however it's always acted a little funny with the S-Video. Sometimes it would recognize it and sometimes it wouldn't, when it didn't recognize, the fix was to wait a day and check again and it worked all of a sudden (without having changed any settings). However, now I'm not getting that same results... so I'm wondering if anyone has seen or even heard of this kind of problem. I've checked all my settings over and over but still no result.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know because the amount of DVDs that I'll have to capture from will be increasing exponentially within the next couple of months. Right now it's only 3-5 DVDs per week but in a couple months, it could end up being 10-15 DVDs. I do have software in the meantime that will RIP the DVDs, but I want to utilize the AJA IO for this project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rodel Estioco

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
Re: Problems capturing DVD through S-Video on AJA IO
on Jan 7, 2009 at 4:45:32 pm

You will get much better results if you rip the DVDs using MPEG Streamclip. Using the software you are staying in an all digital path unlike capturing S-video in which you convert to analog and then back to digital.

-mark

Return to posts index

Rodel Estioco
Re: Problems capturing DVD through S-Video on AJA IO
on Jan 13, 2009 at 12:43:11 am

yeah, that's what i've been having to do since the AJA is acting up on me. haven't played around with streamclip to rip but OSEX and FFMPEG has been working great for me. thanks mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]