FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Assist with IO HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Wells
Video Assist with IO HD
on Dec 19, 2008 at 5:32:12 pm

What is the best software to use for Video Assist with the IO HD?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Video Assist with IO HD
on Dec 19, 2008 at 6:24:16 pm

Capture: AJA VTR Exchange
Playback: FCP or AJA TV. It really depends on what your needs are.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 20, 2008 at 11:03:23 pm

aren't most guys using the Raptor DDR because of DC operation ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Brian Wells
on Dec 21, 2008 at 2:04:02 am

[Bob Zelin]"aren't most guys using the Raptor DDR because of DC operation ?"

That looks like an excellent, first class system for doing video assist. It certainly meets my clients request for a system that does variable frame rate playback in high definition. However, they also said it needs it to do, in their words, "Final cut editing on the set, and green screen verification" as well as having some limited form of scopes capability. So, anything but a computer based system is out of the question, for their needs, and budget range..

So, for this project, I am interested in the capabilities of Imagine Products HD-Log and possibly Scope Box, as a separate purchase. HD-Log will supposedly start and stop the recording, based on the incoming time code, with a USB-port LTC adapter (or presumably an IO HD's LTC in port). So, technically, the Macbook Pro could be left unattended if that capture method works flawlessly. Which would totally rock! But, has anyone tried it yet?

Return to posts index

Bill Crawford
on Jan 15, 2009 at 11:03:37 pm

Hi Brian,

I use HDlog for almost all my studio jobs. The video assist function works well, and combined with the logger, make this a great solution. I shoot in HDCAM, and when I need to review clips for continuity, reviewing the HDlog clips beats reviewing material in the camera.

The guys at Imagine are great to work with, you won't be sorry if you go this route.

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]