FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVR-1500 or HVR-M35U?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Wolfe
HVR-1500 or HVR-M35U?
on Oct 30, 2008 at 5:04:41 am

currently I shoot DVCPRO HD to P2 or REDCODE, edit in DVCPRO HD or ProRes and master to ProResHQ. I have the AJA ioHD and need to add a deck to my system to capture old DV/DVCAM tapes when needed. I was thinking that it would be smart to buy the HVR-1500 so that I can use it to capture any old DV footage I have as well as be prepared if anyone hands me an HDV tape. that way I can transcode the HDV to ProRes over SDI using the ioHD. now I see that the HVR-M35U has SDI out as well, seems to playback more HDV flavors (progressive) but doesn't have RS-422 control. just wondering which of the 2 decks would be the better purchase? I'll never need to go back out to the deck, but I just just want the most versatile feeder. HVR-1500 seems like the best investment durability wise, but I'm just not sure.

Return to posts index

Tim Kirby
Re: HVR-1500 or HVR-M35U?
on Oct 31, 2008 at 10:48:04 am

Using the trusty Zelin measure, this one is a no-brainer. If you are nothing much more than an amateur, get the M35. If you are a jerk, the 1500 is a must have.

Seriously though, if deck control and format range is an issue and you've got the budget, then it's got to be the HVR-1500 - it is actually possible to use a deck like this one without being a jerk, in spite of evidence to the contrary on this forum.

-----------------------------
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]