FORUMS: list search recent posts

No HDMI output on Io HD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
No HDMI output on Io HD
on Oct 18, 2008 at 11:03:51 pm

After fiddling around with cables and the Aja Control Panel, I turn to you guys befor talking to the techies at Aja.

I'm capturing Betacam SP using component over 625i/50 (PAL SD).

Works just fine, I can see the image both on my preview monitor connected to CVBS out on the IoHD and on my Mac.

But I can't see anything on the HDMI output? The cable and plasma TV is tested with a standard stand-alone DVD player. Works just fine. But when I connect the Io HD, the plasma says "unknown signal". Not sure where to look. HDMI out is set to 625i25, as is the video out.

Where do I start looking?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: No HDMI output on Io HD
on Oct 19, 2008 at 12:37:04 am

Select the HDMI tab of the control Panel and make sure all of your output settings are proper.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Oct 19, 2008 at 9:57:02 am

I have, but I am not sure what the "proper settings" are?

They are 625i25, just as my other settings. And the format iself seems to be correct, since my preview CRT displays the video just fine.

Any further ideas? I do not have the Io HD present, but I did look at the HDMI settings. There was not much that could be altered really? Just 2 or 8 channel audio output and RGB or component mode. No luck so far.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 19, 2008 at 7:43:50 pm

I'd mess with RGB vs YCrCb and also make sure it's outputting HDMI and not DVI.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Oct 19, 2008 at 7:57:08 pm

Thanks. I'll give it another try tomorrow morning.

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Oct 24, 2008 at 3:00:33 am

I am pretty sure the IoHD manual states that SD signals will not go out the HDMI output. Maybe I misread, but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.

-mark

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Nov 6, 2008 at 11:33:13 am

We have done testing at the dealer and the HDMI output itself works just fine on my Io HD. The problem seems to be the cable and/or our plasma TV. We tried both HD and SD output over HDMI. Works just fine.

(There's a bug in the Io HD not retaining SD HDMI output settings. It'll be fixed in the coming driver update.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]